Monday 22 June 2009

Craig Murray on the Conservative’s European Alliance

Craig Murray on the Conservative’s European Alliance
I watched him [Silvio Berlusconi] this morning on EuroNews making a European Election campaign speech. He said: "How do I feel when I see all these non-Italians walking around Milan? When I look around Milan, I think I am in Africa!" […]

Still more alarming, even Berlusconi is not right wing enough for David Cameron's Tories and they have allied themselves with some truly horrible nationalist parties from Eastern Europe.

I was First Secretary at the British Embassy in Warsaw heading the Embassy's political and economic sections. I speak Polish. I can tell you definitively that the Kaczynski's Law and Justice Party - the British Conservative's now main ally in the EU parliament - consists of a large number of anti-Semitic and ultra-conservative Catholic crazies of the worst kind. […]

Kaczynski continually condemns anti-Semitism in public. You might ask yourself why he has to do that. One prominent member of his party (and of ther Sejm) once walked out of a lunch with me in Warsaw where a girl from the Adenauer Foundation was also present, because she was Jewish. I have heard casual anti-Semitism from components of Law and Justice which you would not believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment